Kids Yoga Lesson: I Have a Dream - Martin Luther King
Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plans combine yoga, mindfulness exercises and storytelling.
These lessons are designed to help your students connect their minds, bodies and hearts and teach valuable social-emotional skills.
Studies have shown that yoga and mindfulness practice leads to:
- increased ability to concentrate and focus
- decreased stress levels
- improved mood
This lesson plan will include all the tools you will need to teach an interactive 60-minute yoga class.
This lesson's book: I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King Jr.
Inspired by the famous speech, I Have a Dream, this lesson is a great way to introduce the teachings and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. A great activity to do on MLK Day or any time you want to introduce concepts such as equality, fairness and peace to your students.
Help your students practice and discuss:
- Improved mood and emotional regulation
- Reducing Stress
- Flexibility and Balance
Included in THIS resource…
Each lesson will include:
- a list of all required materials needed
- the seven parts of the lesson guide explaining the details of each section taught
- the print out worksheet of the three mudras used and information about each mudra
- the breath deck card (front & back), including the illustrated picture from the card and detailed information on the breath practice being utilized
- video example of the sun salutation yoga flow
- free access to the meditation (what we call the Yoga Nap) that will help to reiterate the theme of each lesson
- step-by-step instructions to a creative expression activity (often an art project) that incorporates the theme of each mindfulness lesson
- a visual worksheet of yoga poses used in the lesson