Kids Yoga Lesson | Social - Emotional Learning | Legend of the Sunflower | Worth
Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plans combine yoga, mindfulness exercises and storytelling. These lessons are designed to help your students connect their minds, bodies and hearts and teach valuable social-emotional skills.
Studies have shown that yoga and mindfulness practice leads to:
- increased ability to concentrate and focus
- decreased stress levels
- improved mood
This lesson plan will include all the tools you will need to teach an interactive 60-minute yoga class.
This lesson's story: The Legend of the Sunflower
Help your students understand their innate value and self-worth, inspired by The Legend of the Sunflower story.
Your students will practice:
Included in THIS resource…
Each lesson will include:
- list of materials needed
- the seven parts of the lesson guide explaining the details of each section taught
- the print out worksheet of the three mudras used and information about each mudra
- the breath deck card (front & back), including the illustrated picture from the card and detailed information on the breath practice being utilized
- links to the sun salutation yoga flow and to sa-ta-na-ma (close of practice)
- access to the meditation or what we call the Yoga Nap that will help to reiterate the theme of each lesson
- a creative expression activity (often an art project) that incorporates the theme of each mindfulness lesson
- a worksheet of yoga poses used in the lesson
Are you looking for other yoga and mindfulness lessons?
➡ Are you looking for lessons about presence and focus?
Check out Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan: Fall Leaves
➡ Are you looking for lessons about self-worth and abundance?
Check out Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan: Extra Yarn
➡ Are you looking for lessons about resilience?
Check out Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan: Change Sings
➡ Are you looking for lessons about self-expression?
Check out Yoga + Mindfulness Lesson Plan: The Giving Tree
Have a topic or book you’d like to recommend for our next lesson? Let us know!
Created by @ Challenge to Change ☞ www.challengetochangeinc.com
✱ Teaching life-long wellness skills helping your students connect their minds, bodies and hearts through the practice of mindfulness. ✱
Looking for FREE resources? Click here!
Check out our blog: Blog